Lance's Studio Photography | A successful platinotype

A successful platinotype

April 03, 2014  •  Leave a Comment

I've spent quite awhile trying to get a good print out of the Na2 palladium/platinum method. All unsuccessful, even generating a proper tone curve adjustment proved too challenging for me. I switched to a straight platinum printing method and did a quick test print last night with a normal chemical mix for two and half minutes in my plate burner. I was surprised to get such a successful print! 

platinum_1stplatinum_1st

I also tried adjusting the chemical mixture a little and a double coating the paper, this one didn't work out, but the image holds some promise to me.

Platinum_TestPlatinum_Test

 


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...