DDA 2017 Photo Setup

July 17, 2017  •  Leave a Comment

I had two light setups this year. One for individuals with 4 - Profoto B1 lights and one for groups with 4 - Profoto B2 lights.

2017-05-21 08.42.562017-05-21 08.42.56

I used ISO 200 instead of its base of 64 to give the battery powered B1 lights a break. The D810 dynamic range is superb so I also underexposed the group setup by one full stop because the B2 lights were a little underpowered for the space and large groups.  I was pleasantly surprised that the B2 lights could run plugged in and never needed to swap batteries. The group lighting setup was pretty traditional so I never needed to move the lights. I was able to setup two groups on the Profoto Air-TTL remote to switch between setups with the press of a button and have individual control of the all lights from the camera. 

I always lay down white marley for the indviduals, giving the dancers a responsive surface for anything they want to try. I used a warmer paper for the rest of the floor and background this year than in previous years. I also kept the background a bit underexposed maintaining the whites and highlights in costumes as my dominant white. 

_LJL6088_LJL6088 _LJL7641_LJL7641

 


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...